[Camping][Camping Gear][Camping Equipment][Camping Supplies][Camping Tents][Discount Camping Gear][Camping Accessories][RV Camping]
Camping is a fun time for the whole family. It is a time to leave all of your troubles behind and reconnect with family and friends. Campfires, roasting marshmallows and sing-a-longs are the memories you’ll cherish for the rest of your life. That’s why it is essential to make your campsite a safe place for everyone.
The campsite you choose is your home away from home. It should be a clean, safe place that is devoid of any debris or low-hanging limbs. And, choosing a site that is flat and level makes it easier to set up camp and park your RV.
Once you’ve chosen the perfect campsite, there are a few safety precautions to keep in mind while setting up camp. The following tips can go a long way to ensure that you and your family have a memorable camping experience.
• Check for potential hazards. Be sure to check the site thoroughly for glass, sharp objects, branches, large ant beds, poison ivy, bees and hazardous terrain.
• Inspect the site. Look for a level site with enough room to spread out all your gear. Also, a site that has trees or shrubs on the side of prevailing winds will help block strong, unexpected gusts.
• Build fires in a safe area. Your open fires and fuel-burning appliances must be far enough away from the tent to prevent ignition from sparks, flames and heat. Never use a flame or any other heating device inside a tent. Use a flashlight or battery-powered light instead.
• Make sure your fires are always attended. Be sure you have an area for a fire that cannot spread laterally or vertically - a grill or stone surface is ideal. When putting the fire out, drown it with water, making sure all embers, coals and sticks are wet.
• Dispose of trash properly. Remember to recycle - use the proper recycling bins if available.
• Watch out for bugs. Avoid attracting stinging insects by wearing light-colored clothing and avoiding perfumes or colognes.
• Beware when encountering wildlife. To ward off bears, keep your campsite clean, and do not leave food, garbage, coolers, cooking equipment or utensils out in the open. Remember that bears are potentially dangerous and unpredictable - never feed or approach a bear. Use a flashlight at night - many animals feed at night and the use of a flashlight may warn them away.
• Beware of poisonous plants. Familiarize yourself with any dangerous plants that are common to the area. If you come into contact with a poisonous plant, immediately rinse the affected area with water and apply a soothing lotion, such as calamine, to the affected area.
Good Sam VIP cares about your safety -- before, during and after your camping trip! Plus, we want to make sure that your RV has the best coverage both on and off the road. That’s why we are pleased to recommend Good Sam VIP for all of your RV and auto insurance needs. With features, such as full replacement cost coverage and personal effects coverage, you’ll have the peace of mind you need to fully enjoy your vacation. Plus, by taking advantage of your exclusive Good Sam VIP rates, you could even save a little money along the way (new customers that have switched save more that $300 a year, on average!).
To find out more about the outstanding coverage and generous savings Good Sam VIP has to offer, please call 888-514-1116 and mention savings code GFN or visit their website for a free, no-obligation quote.
Entertain Outdoors with Tables, Chairs, and Awnings from Camping World
50% off Campsites Directory
Browse the campground directory for 50% discount.
50% off campsite rates. Click here for Camp Club USA membership.
Campground online search directory! 50% off published rates. Savings and satisfaction are guaranteed!
Search for Discount Campsites! 50% off published rates guarantee! Join now!
Nationwide RV Rentals
Get the 2006 Woodall's 70th Anniversary Collector's Edition North American Campground Directory for 50% off the cover price!
Save over 50% off the cover price on the 2006 Southern Campground Guide!
Get the 2006 Woodall’s Eastern Campground Directory for over 50% off the cover price!
Find all your Summer Camping Gear at Explore64
Coleman BlackCat Perfectemp Catalytic Heater
Save 60% off Outdoor + Travel Clothing in the Royal Robbins Online Outlet during our Spring Clearance Sale! (Through 4/13)
10% off regular priced items and 5% off sale items. Use coupon code MOOSE at Moosejaw.com. North Face, Arcteryx, Patagonia...
Camping Life Magazine
Add your site to our camping sites page for free. All camping related sites will be listed free off charge. Please see our main link directory for more details on submitting other outdoor sites for free.
Top camping sites - Add your camping site to our camping list free!
Angler Ads Banner Exchange
Camping Supply | Hiking camping | Camping tent | Camping trip | Camping and hiking gear | Winter camping gear | Camping hiking gear | Outdoor camping gear | Camping Gear online | Camping and outdoor gear | Camping equipment and gear | RV camping equipment |